National Novel Writing Month.
I’ve got an idea. How about NaPaBeThWoCoHaBeReFoToMo?
National Panicking Because The Word Count Hasn’t Been Reached For Today Month?
(In cause you haven’t noticed, It’s my first NaNoWriMo.)
But I do love tags so let’s hit it!
- Thank the awesome blogger who tagged you! I tagged myself. 😛
- Link back to the creator of this tag, Sophie @Sophie’s Corner.
- Feel free to use the NaNoWriMo 20 Questions Tag graphics! No thank you…
- Answer the questions. No prob.
- Tag some friends who are also doing NaNo this year. I’ll try…
- And have fun!!! Naturally.
01. Tell me about your NaNoWriMo project this year! Give me a blurb!
Ahem…I’m sick and tired of blurbing my book! But none the less…here.
It’s 3018. There are few people who survived the destruction of Earth. Well, Erin Shadows called it the destruction. In reality it only purged Earth of all life. Erin was the first to see the trouble but failed to stop it, hurling her right into the arms of her destiny. Literally.
So she grew up. Raised along side the ruler of all civilisation.
Now it’s 3033. Erin has power, money, and a very sufficient career. But her job—allowing her travel through nineteen different galaxies every year—is merely a cover for her. In reality she is on the search for her brother…who she is confident survived Earth’s destruction even though her parents didn’t. Suddenly she gets a message from a little girl warning her of a certain doom. And the only way to stop it, is to either give herself into the hands of possible death, be hunted and be guaranteed death. But soon she finds herself on Earth, thinking. And that is where she find the answers to all she’s ever asked.
02. What’s the genre?
Sci-Fi, futuristic, action-adventure.
03. Describe your MC in three words.
Hurt, empty, sarcastic (Don’t worry, she gets a change in attitude later on).
04. Withouts spoilers, describe your villain in three words.
Charming, strategic, leader.
05. What is your goal? (the traditional 50k? 20k? 5k? Or…100k?)
A nice, solid, 20k.
06. Is this your first draft? Second? Third?
07. Are you starting a new project (or draft) or continuing an existing one?
I’m continuing one I started ages ago. It’ll never be finished if I don’t have any pressure!
08. What is your favorite time to write in the day?
Mostly at my desk. Sometimes in the car. Maybe downstairs.
09. Where are you going to write?
I usually write in the morning but I try to write all throughout the day, too.
10. Computer or paper?
Absolutely computer. Well, I use an iPad. I couldn’t keep track if my words without it.
11. NaNoWriMo is a huge commitment. How are you going to make time to write?
I’ve schedule time in to write from whenever I wake up till 7:45. I do most of writing then and do more later if I can.
12. Are you going to participate in local or online NaNoWriMo events? (e.g. kick-off parties in your regions, write-ins, virtual writing sprints…)
Not this time. Maybe next year. Or the year after that…
13. Do you write from beginning to end or do you skip around?
I usually skip around but I’ve decided for NaNoWriMo it would be more efficient to write straight.
14. Planner or pantser? (or plantser?)
A sweet, sweet planster.
15. What will be your go-to NaNoWriMo snack?
16. Choice of caffeine? (or no caffeine?)
I don’t really drink things while I’m writing except maybe a hot chocolate.
17. Any rewards for milestone achievements? For finishing NaNoWriMo?
I’m sure I’ll do something. I haven’t really thought about it yet.
18. Share a tip for other NaNo-ers!
Not yet! I this is my first NaNo!
19. How are you feeling about NaNoWriMo? Excited? Nervous? Terrified?
Nervous. With a good dose of excitement!
20. Share an aesthetic for your NaNoWriMo novel!
Ah yes! I did a bunch. I’d post them all, but here are my favourite two:
And I might as well throw in a third one…
You! Tag yourself. I insist, NaNoers.
Have fun writing! Goodbye.